- About us
- For Customers and Suppliers
- Responsible business
AB “Achema” pays particular attention to the aspects of occupational health and safety at workplaces and increase of responsibility of employees. The top level management is responsible for safe and healthy occupational environment, whereas the safety culture in the company is understood as an integral part of the organization’s culture. In addition to the establishment of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee in AB “Achema”, the health and safety reporters are also appointed in each unit (departments). They are specially trained and supervise the observance of the occupational requirements.
AB “Achema” has implemented occupational health and safety management system ISO 45001. Occupational health and safety management system is regularly improved and the necessary resources are allocated for the implementation of this policy. External audit has been carried out on 1-5 June 2020.
The main fields of health and safety policy of AB “Achema” are as follow:
- continuously improve occupational health and safety management and its effectiveness.
- guarantee compliance with legal and regulatory developments on health and safety legislation with other requirements the company has undertaken to comply with.- to provide safe and healthy working conditions at the working places and to improve them regularly. To this end, AB “Achema” shall ensure the safety of the work processes, respond to health risks, hazardous and dangerous factors in the working environment, implement preventive measures and promote any measures helping to maintain health and welfare.
- to develop systematically the qualification of employees at all levels, to promote creative initiative and awareness, to raise personal responsibility of employees in terms of occupational safety and health.
- to consult employees on safety and health issues and to create conditions for employees to actively participate in the acceptance, implementation and improvement of solutions on occupational safety and health issues.
- to monitor the health and safety system results and to ensure the necessary control.
- to follow up the principles of prevention for occupational health and safety risks.
- maintain long-term relationships based on trust and respect with customers, suppliers, partners and stakeholders.
Occupational safety is ensured and organized in the company and its branches not only pursuant to the laws, but also by annually revised Plan of Occupational Safety Preventive Means. The fields of activity indicated in this plan, the indicated risk factors, aims of occupational safety means, responsible persons and terms for the implementation of means, as well as controlling bodies.
All employees of the Company without any exception participate in occupational health and safety training program and all of them receive personal protection equipment. Each year, intensive OHS preventive program is conducted which consisted of training, acquisition of skills and improvement, verification and control.
During 2020, two types of emergency preparedness trainings with and without the participation of special services were carried out in the company. 10 emergency preparedness trainings were carried out with special services and participation of emergency specialists and ambulance specialists. 16 drills without participation of special services took place in 11 units. In total, 176 drills were carried out in order to teach how to act according to the emergency preparedness plans of units.
The so called “tabletop exercise” takes place each year upon the participation of the representatives of the municipality. “Tabletop emergency preparedness trainings with participation of not only municipality representatives, but also special services under the subordination of the municipality were last organized in October 2019. A specific situation from AB “Achema” emergency preparedness plan is tested during “tabletop exercise” and functional emergency preparedness trainings. The training exercise named "Ammonia-2020" was held at the territory of the facility on the 27th of February, 2020. The emergency preparedness of Kaunas Fire and Rescue Board forces to eliminate a possible chemical event was checked, interaction with the company's employees, emergency services, civil protection system forces, Jonava Municipality Emergency Operations Center was verified.
In order to ensure 24-hour medical assistance, medical unit of Achema Health Center operates in the company’s territory in order to ensure the necessary medical aid at any time of the day.
By taking care of the health of employees the employee performs the measurements of air pollution, noise, vibration, temperature, etc. according to the approved schedules and the heads of the units are responsible for the familiarization of the employees with the results. In case of detection of any deviations, the corrective actions are taken.