Chain of handling and logistics is one of the core advantages of Achema, and its gateway to global markets; secure, reliable and effective transport is an essential fertilizer trade component.
Achema exports major part of its production by rail, mostly to the ice-free Klaipeda seaport located 290 km west of the Company headquarters in Jonava. At the port products are loaded to cargo vessels and shipped to destination ports. An important role in this process is played by associated companies of Achema Group:
- Klasco, Klaipeda State Seaport:
- Loading services: dry cargo vessels and tankers up to 60 - 65 thousand tonnes;
- Maximum berth depth up to 13 metres;
- Liquid fertilizer storage capacity of 87 thousand tonnes;
- Bulk fertilizer storage capacity of 220 thousand tonnes;
- Packed fertilizer storage capacity of 15 thousand tonnes;
- Agro Baltic terminal, Lubeck, Germany: 30 thousand tonnes of liquid fertilizer storage capacity, annual liquid fertilizer reloading capacity of 150 thousand tonnes;
- Fertigent terminal, Gent, Belgium: 30 thousand tonnes of liquid fertilizer capacity; Convenient geographical location of Gent enables Achema products to reach North-eastern France and North-western Germany;
- Transachema: rail transport and expedition services (semi-wagons, hopers, tanks);
- Euroga: cargo transport; cargo loading/reloading, storage; customs intermediary services; ship agency services;
- Achempak: polypropylene big-bags for fertilizer and other product packing, transport and storage;
- Krovinių terminalas: oil, chemical product and liquid fertilizer storage and loading services for panamax-type vessels; annual reloading capacity up to 2 million tonnes.